BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fun It

    So, recently (ie this past weekend) I started watching Glee from the beginning; we got the DVD's on Netflix and I'm so glad we did.  There are so many reasons I love this show; I'm a big fan of musicals, I love Jane Lynch, and I really dig the diversity within the cast.  Oh, and the teacher is hot.  That helps!
    But seriously.... Another thing I love is what this show is about; people, (teens to boot!) connecting to their joy; something that they're great at, and that they love doing.  They pursue this passion even though it makes them totally uncool.  The performances on the show are of an overall feel-good, kinda cheesy variety, but, they way that these kids deal with their identity as glee clubbers is pretty real. They struggle with the way other kids treat them, and whether or not it's worth it. And they find some comraderie in the group of other people who also don't really fit in, which is awesome.
    My last post was about me connecting to something that I really find happiness in, and maybe since that was really fresh on my mind when I started watching Glee, the show resonated with me a bit more.  But seriously, how awesome would life be if we felt confident enough to regularly plug in to things that we absolutely love to do, regardless of whether other people really understood it, or made fun of us for it?   I was sorta thinking about this on Sunday when I was at the gym; I got all giddy and excited when one of Freddie Mercury's songs came up on my playlist, and thought about how I would NEVER listen to this song with anybody else around.. Well... maybe my BFF, cause she's been listening to Queen with me forever.  But other than that, I'd be totally ashamed.
    So readers, I wonder; what is it that brings you total glee? Are you willing to post it on here as a comment?
     Well, here's my gleeful exposure for the day; here's the Freddie song that I was so excited about at the gym this weekend; "Living on my Own".  The video features footage from Freddie's infamous Black & White party for his 39th birthday in 1985, and I just love it.  I've deleted several of my comments that I started to type out to try to justify it, because the fact is, I'm working on releasing my inner "gleek", I'm just putting it out there as something I love, and I'm not going to be ashamed of it.  Happy listening!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Okay, lame as it is, Sarah, I get total joy out of watching makeup application videos on YouTube. Happy now?! Thanks for putting yourself out there and inspiring others to do the same!

Sarah A to Z said...

I think that's awesome Cathie! And yes I am happy now after reading your disclosure. See? You put it out there and life's still good ;)