After my first indoor Triathalon of the year this Sunday, I was feeeling really psyched to get a run in after work today. I had planned to get a good interval run in, to get some speedwork under my belt in preparation for my next 5K in March (I'm trying to get at least a 30 min time, hopefully under that). It's not a normal thing for me to feel this energized and looking forward to a run after work, so I was feeling pretty good going in to the gym.
And then, from there, it was pretty much downhill after about 2-3 mins in. I don't know what happened, I just felt so tired. I toughed out a few sets of intervals, took the 2 minute walk of shame, and noticed that my heart rate went back down pretty quickly after I stopped running (which is a good sign). But getting back to running after that walk just felt twice as hard, which seemed especially frustrating given that I had at least one indicator that I was getting back into better shape.
I wasn't looking to do a long run tonight, but to even get to 2 miles was a ridiculous struggle for me. It felt like there was a disconnect between what my brain wanted my legs to do, and what my legs were doing. I gave up on my original goal to do some weights afterwards, it just wasn't going to happen. I was exhausted, felt overheated, and honestly, I wanted to cry I was so frustrated with it (lame, I know). Especially after the euphoria of finishing my Tri with less difficulty than I'd imagined just two days ago, I felt like a total loser.
I've been feeling a bit crabby and irritable the past two days, and this really didn't help. This run left me feeling totally defeated, and sorta mad at myself. And afterwards, I felt completely exhausted, as if I hadn't gotten any sleep last night.
Speaking of exhaustion, the title of today's post comes from one of my favorite Roger Taylor songs, off of Queen's "A Day At The Races" album. You can check out some pics of the band's pretty boy in the video here, while you're listening to this great song. Enjoy!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Drowse
Posted by Sarah A to Z at 6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment