BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Doing All Right

Some things have really gotten under my skin in the past 24 hours.  Some unexpected news that J is yet again being sent down south for work for a few weeks was less than fun to hear.  Equally less than fun was shelling out about $450 for a new set of tires.  It's been a bit of a rough start to the weekend to say the least.

But this afternoon, something from work this week came to mind that's reminding me that I need a little perspective adjustment.   I had a session with a client who's severely depressed, a person who has multiple chronic medical issues which have totally transformed their life for the worse.  And yet, as I was sitting with this person, they were able to say to me that they had gratitude for things; personal connections with friends and family and support from our agency.  I was in awe that this person, who faces on a daily basis crippling depression, and declining health that will never get better, was able to point out some good things in life.  It really impressed me.

So, a re-write of my rant at the start of this post.  Yes, I am very disappointed and sad that J will leaving next week to work hundreds of miles away.  But it's only for a few weeks, and I am grateful for the fact that he is working at a job that he loves, and that is helping to empower people.  And, I am grateful for a previous work trip that he went on that showed me that we can totally handle it.   And yes, I am really unhappy that my tires cost so much money.  But, I am grateful for the fact that I have a running, union-built car that gets me to where I need to be each day.  Also, I am further grateful that J and I have full-time jobs so that we can pay for tires, and other car things.  And I am also grateful for the fact that I have a job where I interact with clients who remind me that I have a lot to be grateful for everyday.



      -"Doing All Right", by Brian May and Tim Staffell, is on Queen's 1973 debut album
                            

0 comments: