Watching TV this week, I'm starting to wonder.. Am I going crazy?
To date; hundreds of people lost their lives, property, and entire communities in 6 southern states due to tornados yesterday. Japan has been devastated by several earthquakes and tsunamis in recent months. People in Libya are fighting desperately to get rid of their dictator. Not to mention, here in the US, thousands of people are uninsured, unemployed, and homeless. And yet media coverage is honed almost exclusively on the royal wedding and the validity of our President's birth certificate.
REALLY??
Not that we have to fixate only on the negative, but I guess my point is, there is a lot of serious sh*t going on in the world, and I'm dumbfounded by how much attention a little piece of paper from Hawaii is getting. Do we just collectively as a nation like to focus our attention on the acts of the mundane and ridiculous? It is just easier to not be bothered to contemplate the serious issues of the world?
Maybe I don't get it; maybe I have an off sense of what exactly is worthy of our attention.
![]() |
| "I'm Going Slightly Mad" is a single off of Queen's last studio album, Innuendo |

0 comments:
Post a Comment