Reaching new levels of success or personal growth is great, but, for me, it's also just as great to witness other people doing this too.
I've been in an uninspired, sorta miserable, negative funk lately, and so I haven't had anything to post about on here for a while. But thankfully, I've returned to my more normal self, and having a more balanced, positive outlook on life, I've found myself inspired by the accomplishments of others this week.
Earlier in the week, I returned to my weekly bootcamp class, which I always enjoy. This week it was different though, because a good friend of mine was running it as part of her journey into a new career. I knew she'd be good at it, and I knew I'd get a heck of a workout (my abs still scream in pain every time I sneeze), but I didn't realize how impactful it would be to see her do her thing. To say I'm proud of her is really selling it short; it's really just amazing to see someone find their passion, and connect to it. I don't mean to sound corny, but I was really honored to be a part of that; to witness someone pushing themselves out of their comfort zone to continue on the path towards a transformative life experience. It was awesome, and I'm so excited for her.
I was also really inspired by a client in my group today. I've known this client for many months; and in the time she's been in my group; I've gotten to know the real person behind the intimidating, abrasive exterior. In group today, she expressed a really inspiring, empowering perspective on her life; what she's been through in the past, and a secure sense of where she is now, and how her past doesn't define who she is or who she will be in the future. (I admit; I have a soft spot for this person; by the sounds of it, we have identical mothers, so I really feel for her). Again, I know I sound corny, but this was a really freakin' amazing moment; to see a client reach a more enlightened, self- affirming state of being, and to see them get past the labels that have been put on them has got to be the best part of my job.
Both my friend and this client have inspired me because they've achieved professional and personal growth through hard work, and most importantly, a belief in themselves. They both decided to push beyond the comforts of familiarity, and push ahead on the tougher path that's led them towards their goals. And for that, they are awesome. Good work!
![]() |
| "A Kind of Magic" is the title track from the 1985 Queen album which features many songs from The Highlander (the best 80's movie of all time) |

0 comments:
Post a Comment