Okay.. this post isn't about fighting.. or violence of any kind.
It is about finding some inner strength however, so the title of the post still applies.
"And a mess is still a moment I can seize
until I know all will be well
even though sometimes this is hard to tell
and the fight is just as frustrating as hell"
These lyrics are from a song that I've probably listened to a hundred times, "All Will be Well" by the Gabe Dixon Band, but, it wasn't until recently that the first part of this passage jumped out at me.
What a great perspective, "a mess is still a moment I can seize". How empowering is that?
This is my new mantra, for whenever life gets stressful or frustrating, or whenever I'm feeling powerless. I will remind myself of this song to help me tap into some inner resolve.
Life throws curve balls and surprises at us, and sometimes a gigantic mess ensues, but there is always a choice point when the sh*t hits the fan, so to speak. We can choose to be consumed by the mess; be paralyzed by the fear, the uncertainty, the discomfort, whatever. Or, we can choose to seize the moment, to take control and do whatever we can to get through it (Not around it; this is an important distinction). Simply acknowledging the "mess" for whatever it looks like in our present moment, rather than trying to pretend it doesn't exist, or never will, is the first step in believing that it's a moment that we can seize, that we can survive. And it's also just as important to acknowledge that yes, it's hard, it's frustrating, and it's probably not fair. But it is what it is; we are in or around a mess nevertheless, and it's okay to say and feel like it's extremely difficult to deal with. But it's also important to remember that we have choices we can make, and we'll get through it. I write this as someone who's gravitated towards avoidance rather than recognizing and facing my choices in difficult times, and so it is with confidence that I can say that the path of least resistance is also the path of less growth and more distress down the road.
I'm new in figuring this out for myself, but, I'm willing to bet that approaching life's trying times with this perspective, rather than meeting them with paralyzing fear or doubt is helpful in more quickly come to the point of realizing that "all will be well".
So, on that note, I wonder if anyone reading this has their own particular mantra, or, inspiring quote, or personal affirmation. Are you willing to share it on here? I'd be interested to hear what people find strength and inspiration in.
![]() |
| "Fight From The Inside" is a song by Roger Taylor, from Queen's 1977 News of the World album |

2 comments:
So mine's a little nerdy...
"Where there's a will, there's a way...and Will, I am."
I always have will with me. Kinda suiting, don't you think?
I don't think that's nerdy, I think that's clever!
Post a Comment