Wow it's been a while.. 10 months since I last wrote, hmm... what's happened since then....
Well, for one thing, I'm now married, weee!!! Married life seems to be.... well, pretty awesome, but not really all that different than pre-married life. The
reception was a pretty cool party though, and thankfully, one that we
were able to pull off with NO DRAMA. Believe me, I've been in enough
weddings to know that this is pretty darn close to impossible. But, we
really had a great time, and i think we were able to pull off an event
that was uniquely us. I'm pretty proud of that. The honeymoon in Maui
was pretty sweet too. And I'm not the only one.. A month
after me, a really great friend of mine got married, and I was lucky
enough to be in her wedding party. Knowing this person for so long,
I've sort of adopted myself into her family, and it was really wonderful
to celebrate, and to dance some serious Gangnam style!
In other news ..
Back in April, I left an agency that I'd worked at for years, one that I'd really learned A LOT at, and took a chance on a new place closer to home. It was a bit strange for me to leave a place I'd worked at so long, but I have yet to regret this decision. I work at a surprisingly similar type of organization (right down to the same crap-ass computer system), yet I'm further challenged by the work I'm doing, and very well supported. Not long after starting here, I realized I didn't know as much as I thought I did about clinical social work, and actually, that's kind of a good thing. Not every day is a piece of cake, but I get to work with some really great people and connect with varied and interesting clients, all the while more energized about the work that I do. More lately, I guess I'm in awe of the power of human interactions and connection, especially with my groups. I'm pretty lucky to get to do what I do. And it's a good think that I view it that way, because, contrary to what some of my clients think, I'm definitely not paid a lot to do it!
This year has included other highlights as well, including finally becoming an LCSW and the summer of concert awesomeness. And, of course, most notably, the release of a new book and documentary about Freddie Mercury; the most legendary singer of ALL time!
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Doing All Right
Posted by Sarah A to Z at 8:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment