BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Telephone

Ok, so the title of this post isn't a title of a Queen song, but it IS the title of a song by Lady GaGa, who's name was inspired by the title of a Queen song (Radio GaGa), so.. there.
  And now for something completely different....
In a particularly idiot move last night, after my workout at the gym, I ended up dropping my Iphone... on the concrete floor of the locker room... therefore shattering the glass on the face of it.  Awesome.  I felt sad, angry, and mad at myself (as was J, as well he should be).  It still works, but it looks crappy.
Thinking about what to do now, I considered the option of buying a new phone, which is.. uh.. not cheap at all.  And frankly, I don't think I deserve one after doing this.  But after talking with J tonight about it, I also realized that a new Iphone comes with an empty inbox; no saved voicemails; which I'm sure is a non-issue for most everyone else, but it's sorta scary for me.  I have 11 saved voicemails from my Dad, and though I don't listen to them everyday, it's nice to hear them every once in a while to hear his voice again.    Some of them are short; a quick message to make sure that I remembered about an appointment that he needed a ride to (I never ever forgot one, but he'd Always double check the day before).  And some of them are longer, and really sweet, and they remind me that he always cared about the littlest of things that were going on in my life.   And it's something that I get to keep with me, as long as I have this phone, and I am so grateful for that.  Cracked screen and all, I just can't bear the thought of getting a new phone and letting that go.

Embedded is a post of a video clip from one of my favorite shows; How I Met Your Mother.  For reasons that are now obvious to you if you're reading this, I can relate to this scene on just about every single level.  I've loved this show for years, and this was the absolute hardest episode for me to watch, because it hit SO close to home, but, it helps me to know that I'm not the only one who can find a voicemail to be such a valuable thing.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found this, maybe it can help
http://i.tuaw.com/2011/02/02/verizon-iphone-prep-save-your-old-voicemail-its-not-coming-wi/

Sarah A to Z said...

Thanks Gwen! That's so thoughtful of you. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I don't have Verizon, but maybe AT&T has something like this on their site.
Thanks again, see you next week!