BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Don't Stop Me Now

I ran a 5K today in Willimantic with some awesome friends; the run had plenty of hills and some cold, strong winds.  It was pretty challenging at the halfway point thanks to my silly choice to charge up the end of a hill, but I recovered, mostly in part thanks to the music that was blasting through my earbuds.

I can't play a note, but I LOVE music.  It can be such a great motivator, energizer, and mood lifter.  After some inspiration from Barney Stinson, I decided  to make my own "Get Psyched" playlist.
[For those of you who don't know, Barney's from  'How I Met Your Mother'. And really, you should be watching this show!]

So, below, in no particular order, is my Get Psyched set list.

"Jump Around" - House of Pain
"Tear it Up" - Queen  (one of their more rockin 80's songs)
"So What" - Pink
"My Little Town" - Simon and Garfunkel ( I know, it's unexpected, but it's got great energy)
"It's a New Day" - Will.I.Am.
"Bombs Over Baghdad" - OutKast
"Schizophrenia" - Jukebox the Ghost  (if you're not listening to this band already, you should)
"Under Pressure" -  Joss Stone  (just about the ONLY enjoyable Queen cover I've ever heard)
"Tik Tok" - Ke$ha  (Yeah, I said it.)
"One Vision" - Queen   (seriously, have you HEARD the first guitar riff? It's amazing.)
"Grace Kelly" - Mika

What's on your Get Psyched playlist?  If you don't have one, consider putting one together, put it on a CD or an Ipod, and rock out to it in your car, or play it while your cleaning around the house.  See how much better you feel afterwards!

Requisite Queen fact:  "Don't Stop Me Now" was written by Freddie Mercury, and is on their 1978 album Jazz.   "Fat Bottomed Girls" and "Bicycle Race" are also on this album.   More recently, this song was featured in Shawn of the Dead, in an awesome zombie fight scene at the Winchester pub.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I must admit I have the same Ke$ha song on my "Racing" mix. It just gets you going!

William said...

I have 122 songs in my workout playlist...here is a random sample:

"War" - Vince DiCola
"Buddy Holly" - Weezer
"Dreams" - Cranberries
"Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor (I think this one is a requisite...)
"I Like to Move it Move it" - Shaggy
"If I Had a Million Dollars" - Barenaked Ladies
"Jump Jive 'n Wail" - Brian Setzer Orchestra
"TiK ToK" - Ke$ha
"Life Less Ordinary" - Carbon Leaf
"Jumper" - Third Eye Blind"
"I Start to Run" - White Denim

Like I said...a sample. I have some slow songs, some fast. We have limited use of ear phones on post, so I don't use it all that much right now.

Sarah A to Z said...

I'm so happy that two of my friends have Tik Tok on their lists!
@William - of course, Eye of the Tiger.. Nice nod to Salem School days! And I love Buddy Holly. Nice list!

William said...

I was going more for a Rocky theme...some of the songs are Indie...I love to download the free songs of the week from iTunes. You never know what gems might be there, and if, by some random chance, there is a bad one...eh...it was free!