BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Accidents

Tonight, I had a realization;  I am really glad that I got into a car accident a little over a year ago; an accident in which my favorite car ever was totalled.
Really.  I remembered tonight that everything in life really happens for a reason; even this accident.   I've realized this before, but, in the midst of recent, excessive stress at work, I guess I forgot that for a bit. On my drive home from work, I was thinking about the house that J and I are buying; still in some disbelief that this is even at all possible.  And then I remembered that car accident, and how, a little over a year ago, buying a house was in fact, not at all possible for us, since we both didn't have sufficient credit.  But, that car accident changed things; cause my car was totalled; I had to get a new one, which initially I was not happy at all about.   Yet, (and I don't even remember how we heard about the place), we ended up buying a brand new car at a local dealership with wonderful staff who was able to get us a brand New car (my first ever)! AND a car loan that was in BOTH of our names; which is what helped J to build some credit.  This was a huge deal back then, so of course we were excited to even get this loan together, but it didn't occur to me until tonight how Really important that was.  That car accident necessitated a new car loan, which allowed J to build some credit, which allowed for us, a year later, to be approved for a mortgage.  And now we're going to buy a super awesome house, which we are totally excited about.   So, yay for happy accidents, is I guess my point for today.  Sometimes really crappy life events really are just steps along the way towards happier things ahead.

0 comments: